Monday, July 14, 2014

Life List

Yesterday, while watching the World Cup (*hugs Argentina*), my mom and I were discussing the Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeeemer) statue in Rio de Janeiro.

I've known my mom's wanted to go for a while because every time she sees the statue on television she talks about how pretty it is and well, I can take a hint.

So, being the dreamer that I am, I got to looking up what it would take to get there. It was silly at first but then once we saw pictures and reviews we really wanted to go and now we've started talking savings.

Because I know my mom, I can't count on her being super serious about going and mind you, i'm still a college student with student loan debt to pay come next summer, so we can't go right away, but I do want to make it my personal goal to take her one day. 

Anyway, amidst all the dreaming (we talked about visiting the Statue of Liberty too!), I realized why it is that so many people have bucket lists. I mean, if we don't write it down and make it a tangible goal to go, then it's never gonna happen is it?

So i've decided to start my very own.

I'll call it a life list* because i've never liked that it's called a "bucket list." What even is that, you know? Besides, I don't want this to be a "I have to do this before I die" kind of thing, but rather a "these are the things I want to do in my life" thing.

So, here goes, Elizabeth's very own life list:

1. Visit Rio de Janeiro and Cristo Redentor with my mom

2. Visit New York City. Once with my mom, once on my own. Seriously, some of my favorite bloggers are based in the Big Apple and uh, Law and Order anyone? I'd love to drink some bad coffee out of those little blue cups. Haha!

3. Finish reading all of the books that I own

4. Reverse my financial family tree

5. Document one year of my life with a disposable camera. I know a guy who does this and I love that it's becoming more of a thing! No more instant gratification.

6. Live somewhere other than in the Pacific Northwest, for a year

7. Learn another language (Preferably French, Latin or Portuguese)

8. Learn how to play the piano

9. Finish learning how to play the guitar

10. Get out of student loan debt

11. Own a dog

12. Trace my lineage

13. Buy season tickets for a team that I love

14. Write letters to people that I love for a year (minimum, once a month)

15. Learn how to make espresso

16. Read my bible through and through

17. Donate money to a charity that I love

18. Visit every US National Park

19. Take photos in a photo booth once a month, every month, for a year

20. Graduate from college!

21. Fall in love

This list will grow, but since i'm 21, I thought that 21 was a good place to stop while I keep working on this :)

Stay tuned for the updated list!

*inspired by this life list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate every comment you send! Xoxo

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS