Monday, July 15, 2013

On spending time with my nephew and being an aunt.

Since I've been home, I've been spending a lot of time with my nephew Leonardo.

I've been an aunt my whole life (literally, ask me about it) but there's something so special to me about having a little boy to take care of.

You see, Leo, as we call him, is the first boy out of eight, the rest are girls (some women now, EEK).

Anyhow, I've been pretty heavily involved in my nieces lives from day 1. I've changed their diapers, played with them, wiped their tears, cleaned up their messes and held their little hands.

But now that I'm in school and away from home, 9 out of 12 months of the year, I can't do that with my nephew.

He's a year and a few months old now and he doesn't know me to the degree that my nieces did at his age.

Because of that I try to spend as much time as I can whenever I'm over or he's around.

I'm on summer break so doing that's a lot easier now.

Here are some pictures of the last time I was with him...




Lately he's been super into watering the plants and it's so fun to watch him, as he runs back and forth to water the same plant, time after time.

He also likes playing with his water gun, as noted in the first picture, which reminds me about just how true it is that a man's heart is built differently from a woman's.

This little guy's heart is made for adventure.

Again, God really knew what He was doing when He made it that way, which is pretty cool.

Leo makes a pretty good model, don't you think?

I think we'll keep him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate every comment you send! Xoxo

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS