Friday, August 30, 2013

10 things I'm grateful for right now.



Last night was a crummy one for me.

One of the things I've learned this last year is that I'm really empathetic, and though you'd think that was a good thing, I think that for me, sometimes, it's to a fault.

Do you ever get that? Where suddenly the weight of the world seems to hit you?
Like you're completely fine and all of the sudden you're feeling burdened?

It happened to me yesterday.

Anyhow,

I've heard that sometimes making a list of the things one is grateful for can be a really healthy thing when one is feeling that way.

So here it goes:

1. My parents and family. Though they're not perfect, I don't know of many families who are and because at least I have them. Others don't and I can't forget that.

2. A bed. With so many others living on less than $2 a day a bed is a luxury.

3. Sleeping in. School starts soon and I'm going to be really busy when it does but right now I can relish in getting those extra five minutes.

4. My cat Luna. She is a precious little one and though sometimes she drives me crazy, she's a pretty hilarious cat and companion and I'm lucky to have her.

5. Friends, in all corners of the earth. They're spread out but they're there and I know that I can count on them for whatever. That's a gift.

6. Technology. A computer, a phone, other electronics. It sounds silly but so many people don't have
the ability to make a phone call or Skype with someone to connect with them, of course in our world that's more rare than before but still. I have the ability to use technology and so often, I take that for granted.

7. My relationships with Jesus. Seriously. This should realistically be the first, but I am flawed. I fall and He picks me up. I mess up and He forgives. I call Him Father and He calls me daughter (!!!). I am loved and nothing and no one can take that away from me.

8. Provision. My family and I don't come from a background with much and yet I'm in college. I have employment, I have a home. I have. I am so, so blessed.

9. Food in my stomach. I'm sitting here with a coffee in hand and I have food in my fridge. So many people in the world are suffering and starving. I'm blessed.

10. My future decided. I may not know what is still to come but I can rest in peace, knowing that the Lord is in control. I will choose to follow Him, and keep choosing Him because He is worthy.

So many other things...

What are you grateful for today?

P. S. For more inspiration go: here, here and here

1 comment:

  1. I used to have a cat named Luna (I named her after Luna Lovegood). :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate every comment you send! Xoxo

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS